Over the course of 60 years of operations, China Airlines has become the leader in Taiwan’s civic aviation industry. We have received numerous awards and widespread recognition from around the world in recent years and continue to find ways to improve service. Our passenger and cargo businesses operate in 29 countries and 160 destinations. We have one of the world’s newest fleets, world-class pilots and air traffic management, and the strictest flight safety management standards in the business. These qualities highlight our commitment to provide a safe journey for all passengers. From ground to air services, our employees treat customers with respect and provide a comfortable experience in every possible way. At Taoyuan International Airport, we offer a fast, convenient self-check-in area. At Station A1 Taipei Main Station and Station A3 New Taipei Industrial Park of the Taoyuan Airport MRT we offer in-town check-in, boarding pass distribution, and luggage check-in. This is just part of our wide range of innovative services. At the same time, in consideration of the rights and interests of all our members, we administer mileage incentive programs. These features show why China Airlines has become synonymous with high-quality service.
Advanced Aircraft Control for Seamless Flight Safety Management
Flight safety is of the utmost importance to China Airlines. We use a flight management system (FMS) and cockpit resource management (CRM) to support cockpit crew work, in conjunction with a traffic collision avoidance system (TCAS) and an enhanced ground proximity warning system (EGPWS). An advanced aircraft condition monitoring system (ACMS) and an aircraft communications addressing and reporting system (ACARS) monitor flying status, engine conditions, and aircraft performance. These data support flight operations, aircraft maintenance, and risk improvement, fulfilling our objective of comprehensive flight safety. In addition, a flight operations quality assurance (FOQA) and a flight operations risk assessment system (FORAS) monitor all flight records to understand pilot operations. Subsequent analysis, reviews and improvements lower flight risk.
Hard and Soft Strengths Facilitate High-quality Repairs and Renewals
China Airlines employs professional aircraft mechanics licensed by the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the Taiwan Civil Aeronautics Administration (CAA). Working at comprehensive maintenance facilities, they carry out mechanical work on the China Airlines fleet as well as aircraft from more than 40 additional airlines from around the world. Advanced 2-bay and 3-bay hangars accommodate frequent A checks as well as heavy maintenance C and D checks. Four additional maintenance facilities support instruments & electronics, electrical, tires & breaks, and hydraulics & pneumatic engineering. To enhance our engine shop, we built the world’s largest engine test cell, which has a thrust rating of up to 120,000 pounds. We also adopted the latest Enterprise One System to ensure higher quality aircraft maintenance and raise aircraft operational efficiency.
Energy Conservation and Carbon Reduction Lead Environmental Protection Efforts
China Airlines upholds the principles of adhering to environmental protection regulations, conserving the planet’s resources, enhancing ecological benefits, and fulfilling corporate social responsibility. As part of these commitments, in 2007 we launched energy conservation and carbon reduction initiatives. In cooperation with the Environmental Protection Administration (EPA), National Central University, the European Union, and others, we contributed to the Pacific Greenhouse Gases Measurement Project by affixing atmospheric monitoring devices onto aircrafts then sharing collected data with scientists around the world. We obtained ISO 14001 and ISO 50001 certifications and were the first airline in Taiwan to complete a greenhouse gas inventory. The EPA awarded our inventory with a Reasonable Assurance Certification, its highest rating, and also gave us an Energy Saving and Carbon Reduction Label and honored us at the 24th ROC Enterprise Environmental Protection Awards.
Fast and Convenient Services in
29 Countries and 160 Destinations
SkyTeam Admission Expands Our Services to More Worldwide Locations
- Operates in 177 countries and at 1,052 destinations
- Provides 525 airport VIP lounges around the world
- Accumulate miles on every section of every SkyTeam alliance flight
Winners of Multiple Awards and Global Praise
- The influential consultancy Skytrax Research ranked China Airlines among the world’s leaders for service quality. It gave the highest ranking of five stars for our first class cabin.
- The leading publication Air Cargo World 1st gave our cargo operations a first place award in the Air Cargo Excellence Awards.
- Corporate Governance Asia recognized us as a top three company in Taiwan for corporate governance.
- IR Magazine gave us a Hong Kong and Taiwan regional award for investor relations.
- The Taiwan Corporate Governance Association awarded us with a Certificate of Corporate Governance System.
- Reader’s Digest gave use a Gold Trusted Brand award. We were named one of Taiwan’s Top 100 brands by the Ministry of Economic Affairs and one of the 10 best airlines in the world by the US publication Aviation Week.
- In Global Views magazine’s Frontline Service Quality Survey, we placed first in the international airlines category.
- TheDesignAir included us in its Top 10 Passengers’ Choice Airline Brands ranking.
- The US travel magazine Global Traveler named us the best airline in North Asia and awarded us for the best business class seat design.
- Germany’s Red Dot Design Award honored us for the design of our Boeing B777-300ER.
- For the 15th consecutive year, Reader’s Digest awarded us a Gold Trusted Brand award.